The World Heritage program at UC Merced focuses on natural heritage and on the cultural legacy of the human past by examining how it is reflected today in places, landscapes and intangible aspects of our culture. Conservation, preservation, management and outreach related to cultural and natural heritage are fundamental aspects of the program.
Find out what drives our university's World Heritage Program
Read an exclusive interview with:
Stay connected to World Heritage events happening around UC Merced:
Or read up on past ones:
- Professor Lercari and find out what his summer's work has led to!
Explore World Heritage and visit these relevant sites:
- UNESCO World Heritage (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization)
- ICOMOS (International Council on Monuments and Sites)
- IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature)
- ICCROM (International Centre for the Study of the Perservation and Restoration of Cultural Property)
- World Heritage at the National Parks
- California Heritage (California State Parks)
- Getty Conservation Institute
- Global Heritage Fund
- The Redwoods
- World Heritage in the U.S.
Come visit us at UC Merced!